Nedbank quietly launches Android app
Nedbank has quietly made its first mobile app public, just over a month after announcing that it was making the entire app suite available to its staff.
Nedbank is the third major bank to launch an app. First National Bank (FNB) launched its app in 2011. Standard Bank meanwhile launched its own play earlier this year.
While banks both those banks launched their apps across all Android, iOS, and BlackBerry, Nedbank’s app is currently only available on Android.
The app includes:
- Banking — A variety of banking functions can be performed using the Nedbank App Suite
- Share Trading — Access to your Share trading portfolio
- Locators — Find Nedbank Branches or ATMs nearest to you
- Calculators — Calculate Motor Finance, Home loan or Personal loan repayments
- Forex Rates — View FOREX rates of various currencies and calculate FOREX rates
- Contact List — A list of important Nedbank Contact Numbers
- Application Forms — Apply for a Nedbank product
- Customisation — Manage your application and customise a unique user experience.
Like the FNB app, Nedbank requires you to link the app to your online banking. Non Nedbank customers can download the app and access everything except the actual banking features.
It’s unclear when the rest of the app suite will roll out.