Facebook has announced its 25 top rated games for 2012 and Zynga which you would once have expected to dominate such a list doesn’t even have an entry in the top five.
The social games specialist’s first title on the list is Farmville 2, which comes in at number six. The relationship between the two companies has become strained in recent times. Earlier this week, they signed documents giving the social network permission to treat it like any other game maker. That said, Zynga did still have the most games on the list over all.
That’s because, as the list shows, it is like any other game maker. Facebook’s list is based on games that launched in 2012 and received the highest star ratings from players and engagement levels over the course of the year.
Music trivia game SongPop was the crowd favorite this year, with social mobile games Dragon City and Bike Race coming in at second and third.
According to Facebook, 2012 was the most international year for social games. The majority of games came from outside the US, ranging from France, Spain and the UK to Brazil, South Korea, Australia, and Turkey.
It was a big year for action/arcade games too, with most of the apps falling into the relatively new category. Fifty six percent of the games are available on Facebook.com, while the remaining 44% are social mobile games (available on iPhone, iPad and Android).
The top rated games are:
- SongPop (FreshPlanet)
- Dragon City (Social Point)
- Bike Race (Top Free games)
- Subway Surfers (Kiloo)
- Angry Birds Friends (Rovio)
- FarmVille 2 (Zynga)
- Scramble with Friends (Zynga)
- Clash of Clans (Supercell)
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance (Playdom)
- Draw Something (Zynga)
- Hay Day (Supercell)
- Baseball Heroes (Syntasia)
- ChefVille (Zynga)
- CSR Racing (NaturalMotion Games)
- Candy Crush Saga (King.com)
- Matching With Friends (Zynga)
- Legend Online (OASIS GAMES)
- Jurassic Park Builder (Ludia)
- Dungeon Rampage (Rebel Entertainment)
- Pockie Ninja II Social (NGames Limited)
- Jetpack Joyride (Halfbrick)
- Social Empires (Social Point)
- Bil ve Fethet (Peak Games)
- Ruby Blast Adventures (Zynga)
- Pyramid Solitaire Saga (King.com)