Capitec has launched a new feature in its banking app called Pay Me that allows customers to receive instant payments from other users. The…
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week, the main man Stuart Thomas talks to Andy and Hadlee.
This week the team discusses the announcements at Google I/O 2016, Foxconn and HMD Global purchase of Microsoft’s feature phone unit for US$350-million (which signals Nokia’s return to tablets and smartphones), Mango’s R1 glitch sale and Max Verstappen, an 18-year-old Dutch driver, who has won the Spanish Formula 1 GP.
On the ‘What are you…?’ segment, the team discusses the TV series they’re currently watching, the games they’re addicted to and, uh… the lunch they’re eating.
Tweet Of The Week also comes from Google I/O 2016, and has something to do with a spray dispenser.
Have a listen to the podcast in full below, and be sure to catch the Recommended Reading list at the foot of the article.
- Google I/O 2016: Android N, Android Wear 2.0 and Daydream VR
- Google I/O 2016 live blog: watch the final day’s sessions right here
- Google I/O 2016: Google Home, Assistant announced
- Google I/O 2016: Allo and Duo apps revealed
- Microsoft sells its feature phone unit for $350m, Nokia devices coming
- Clothing store Mango angers customers after ‘technical issue’ leads to R1 sale
- Verstappen wins as Mercedes teammates tangle: the motorsport roundup
- Google Hangouts won’t be culled, will remain ‘a standalone product’ – report
- Xiaomi to launch Android gaming box at Google I/O?