To kick-start 2010, OpenCalais has released some significant upgrades to its award-winning semantic platform.
Version 4.3 of the OpenCalais service features:
No ad to show here.
- enhanced Social Tags for categorization; improved disambiguation; new entities, facts and events in English; and an entirely new feature called News Names.
- By popular demand, the improved Tagaroo plugin for WordPress gives users more control over the tagging process.
- Their URL submission tool, SemanticProxy, has been normalized to ensure that its results are identical with those you would get by programmatically submitting content to OpenCalais via the API.
- Additionally, they are now supporting JSONP. You can now specify a callback function when requesting results in JSON.
- Our Gnosis plugin for Firefox now includes categorisation of processed Web pages in the sidebar and can sort entities by alphabetical order or according to frequency or relevance.
- they have published the OpenCalais Schema in OWL, enabling OWL enthusiasts to apply ontology based tools on OpenCalais metadata.
More on the OpenCalais blog.