South Africans got a taste of Xiaomi‘s first offering in the local market just a few days ago, but those who want something a little less powerful and smaller, the Xiaomi Mi 4 won’t be on the shopping list.
Enter the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro. The 4.7-inch phone features a Snapdragon 410 chipset, an 8MP rear camera and two SIM card slots. It also features 16GB of internal storage and an LTE radio.
No ad to show here.
MIA has announced that the device will retail for R1999 in South Africa, or available on contract from R109 per month from 12 December 2015.
The device can be purchased from MIA’s website, and from this weekend at Dion Wired, MTN, Game, Incredible Connection and Makro. The phone will also be available online through these stores’ portals.
As for the contracts, both MTN and Vodacom present the consumer with offerings, with the former’s visible below:
- My MTNChoice 100 at R229 per month
- My MTNChoice Flexi 200 at R229 per month
- MTN Anytime 200 TopUp at R239 per month
As for Vodacom subscribers:
- uChoose Flexi 55 at R109 per month (new contracts available exclusively to Game and Dion Wired)
- uChoose Flexi 55 at R129 per month (available at Incredible Connection and Makro)
- uChoose Flexi 110 at R169 per month
- uChoose Flexi 150 at R189 per month
- uChoose Flexi 200 at R229 per month
As for the phone itself, it features a 4.7-inch screen, a Snapdragon 410 chipset and is dual SIM ready.