#CityofCapeTown trended on Wednesday and Thursday as users criticised the Cape Town municipality over an eviction incident that went viral. A video shared on…
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week on BurnCast, Gearburn editor Andy Walker plays host and talks to Reporter Graham van der Made and the new guy Reporter Hadlee Simons.
The team discusses all the phone launches, from Huawei to HTC, the arrival of the iPhone SE in South Africa, Facebook F8, mobile games, geeky car races, and Dark Souls 3.
In a new feature, Weird News of the week, a man is whacked in his head by a drone that smashed through his window.
The team also talks about what they are currently watching, reading and playing.
Have a listen to the podcast in full below, and be sure to catch the Recommended Reading list at the foot of the article.
- Chat bots, drones, AI: Facebook’s grand plan for the next decade
- Facebook announces new systems to improve the quality of internet connectivity around the world
- Facebook will let users save external web pages to read later
- Here’s where you can get the iPhone SE in South Africa
- The world thinks I faked a drone crashing through my office window and into my head
- Here are your mobile gaming picks of the week
- Parody Twitter account takes merciless dig at Silicon Cape ecosystem
- So, what else can you do with a dual-camera smartphone?
- This is HTC’s greatest mobile phone ever
- Huawei P9 vs LG G5 camera shootout: which mobile snapper is best?
- HTC 10 announced: 5.2-inch screen, Snapdragon 820, 12MP UltraPixel 2 camera
- What’s the point of LG G5’s two rear cameras?
- Dark Souls 3 review diary: the journey of a newbie