Ride-hailing company Bolt has launched its Business Delivery service to help smaller firms fulfil orders during the COVID-19 lockdown. The service will operate between…
Available free of charge to users outside of the USA, the international version of the CNN App is purpose-built and designed to provide a visually-driven news experience for iPhone and iPod touch users.
“CNN’s new app will offer our international audience a fantastic mobile experience for iPhone and iPod touch, delivering unique features and a user-friendly design,” said Louis Gump, vice president of Mobile at CNN.
Maximising the revolutionary features of iOS 4, the CNN App features push notification; regionalisation and personalisation tools; and more. The app delivers global news through text, video and photos, and also includes user-generated content capture and upload functionality through iReport, CNN’s user-generated news community.
“Our users, including many business travelers, understand that the world is a highly connected place,” said Nick Wrenn, vice president of digital services for CNN International. “Our aim with the CNN App is to serve their mobile needs, putting relevant news, analysis and video right at their fingertips in a form that is both personally relevant and easy to use.”
CNN App Features include:
- “My CNN” Personalisation
- Ability to “follow” a story or topic: As CNN publishes new stories and developments related to topics designated by the user, the app will automatically alert the user by pushing a notification to the device.
- “Saved” content functionality gives users access to text stories that interest them anytime, anywhere – even when they’re offline. Regionally-targeted news based on the user’s selection of content from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America or the Middle East.
- Provides a direct gateway to CNN’s user-generated news community, iReport.
- Lets users browse user-generated content; register, sign-in to their account or sign on as a guest to capture and instantly upload user-generated photos and videos (with the iPhone 3GS and above).
Users can also browse iReport’s latest “assignments,” asking the community to weigh in on various news stories.
- Easy to navigate: Users can easily flick through news stories across categories including Top Stories, U.S., Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Business, Sport, Entertainment, Tech and Travel.
- Easy to consume: Each story features bulleted highlights above the full article, designed to satisfy mobile “snackers,” allowing them to easily scan through the latest stories.
- Easy to share: Users can share stories via email, Twitter and Facebook directly from the CNN App.
- Easy to view: White text on black background provides excellent viewing experience
- Video on–demand – The App provides access to an extensive selection of on-demand video clips across many categories, including World, Most Popular, Sport, Business, U.S., Entertainment, Tech and CNN en Español.