If you want to see more than a Google weather report for South Africa’s incoming cold front, you can track detailed aspects of the…
Activist hacker group Anonymous has declared war on terrorist organisation ISIS. This follows the recent attacks in Paris last Friday where a total of 129 people were killed. ISIS has since allegedly claimed responsibility for the attacks.
A video posted on YouTube via the official Anonymous account shows a person wearing the Anonymous trademark Guy Fawkes mask and a black hoody.
“Expect massive cyber attacks,” the person said in French. “War is declared. Get prepared. Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down. You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go.”
— Anonymous (@GroupAnon) November 15, 2015
Though leaderless, Anonymous has made a name for itself over the last few years following various online attacks against institutions across the globe.
In January, similar threats were made after the Charlie Hebdo attacks. The hacker group then claimed responsibility for taking down a terrorist propaganda website. The group also allegedly took down various terrorist-associated Twitter accounts.
Earlier this month, the group directed its attacks towards the Ku Klux Klan in the US, when it revealed the names of more than 350 alleged members along with their social media accounts.
Anonymous has said that its latest operation against ISIS is going to be its biggest ever. “We will launch the biggest operation ever against you,” Anonymous said. “Expect massive cyber attacks.”
As noted in a recent Pastebin, the online activist group is so far looking to remove ISIS-related Twitter accounts.
Fellow activist hacker group BinarySec has also joined Anonymous in efforts to make ISIS “propaganda sites disappear”. The group is calling for mass DDoS attacks on ISIS websites.
Time magazine named Anonymous one of 2012’s Most Influential People.