Leading influencer marketing platform Humanz has teamed up with Afreximbank to give the opportunity for three lucky social entrepreneurs to exhibit at Canex at…
The 12 official speakers for Blockchain and Bitcoin Africa Conference 2016 have been announced. The conference will take place on 3-4 March in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Amoungst the speakers are technology entrepreneur, VC, and Dragons’ Den investor Vinny Lingham; Federal Prosecutor at the United State’s Attorney’s Office, William Frentzen; co-founder and CEO of BitX, Marcus Swanepoel; and Verengai Mabika who is the lead business developer at BitFinance.
The event looks to showcase some of the best local and internal talent in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. Over the two-day conference speakers will share their experiences with the technologies, talk about issues facing digital currency and the technology, as well as its impact on different social and economic sectors.
The other speakers are:
- Jonathan Levin – co-founder and CRO of trust lines developer Chainalysis.
- Llew Claasen – Managing Partner at angel investment and venture capital firm Newtown Partners.
- Tiana Laurence – Fatcom CMO.
- Professor G-J van Rooyen – co-founder and CEO of media security research firm Custos Media Technologies.
- Leanne Kemp – fraud detection firm Everledger‘s founder and CEO.
- Simon de la Rouviere – Engineer of Societies at decentralised applications developer ConsenSys.
- Alakanani Itireleng – CEO of Botswan-based Bitcoin marketplace Satoshi Centre.
- Jared Tate – Founder and creator of payment network Digibyte.
CEO of the Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) and The Bandwidth Barn, Ian Merrington, will be the master of ceremonies at the event. Other attendees will include representatives from major banks, insurance companies, startups, corporates, institutions, and government departments.
Those wishing to attend can book a spot through the Bit Conference website.