Residents of Cape Town were treated to sights of a robot dog walking through the CBD as Dwyka Mining Services showcased Boston Dynamic’s Spot….
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week on BurnCast, Reporter Graham van der Made plays host and is joined by Gearburn Editor, Andy Walker.
The team discusses this week’s biggest gaming story in Uncharted 4, Samsung’s incredible month compared to Apple’s, and Uber’s electric car programme in Johannesburg. Seedstars’ new South African competition also gets a mention, along with an upcoming horror movie filmed through the lens of Snapchat. Finally, we talk about the small matter of a 10-year-old hacking Instagram.
The team also talks about what they are currently watching, reading, playing and eating.
And for Tweet of the week, there are no contenders, sadly. But please, if you have something witty up your sleeve, be sure to hit us with it at @memeburn.
Have a listen to the podcast in full below, and be sure to catch the Recommended Reading list at the foot of the article.
- Samsung sells more phones than Apple in the US, LG comes in third
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End looks simply stunning on the PlayStation 4
- Joburgers can now order electric Ubers
- Real-time horror movie ‘Sickhouse’ scares on mobile using Snapchat, Vimeo
- SeedStars World announces 4 SA competitions for 2016
- Instagram awards $10k to 10-year-old for not deleting Justin Bieber’s comments
- Samsung Galaxy Note 6 rumour roundup: Snapdragon 823 suggested in new leak
- Apple loses exclusive rights to ‘iPhone’ name in China