2020 has been an interesting year for the team at Twitter, but one of the newest developments is the announcement of the return of…
Do you remember wearing tartan ties, knee-high socks, your locker combination, the faint whiff of baked pies at lunch time, the screams of kids playing football on the field, or the clip-clops of teachers’ heels as they enter class? If you do, then you’ll likely remember your days as a high school student.
You do remember it, right? If not, Twitter‘s latest trend will surely help you out.
For some, it would’ve been a good while since you last set foot in a classroom as a student, but that doesn’t stop Twitter from remembering the good ol’ days.
The hashtag #HighSchoolTaughtMe began trending early on Friday morning in South Africa and most of Twitter’s domains, but has been used fairly frequently over the past few months across the world.
If you fancy embracing those feelings of nostalgia before the weekend starts, have a look at ten of the greatest lessons that #HighSchoolTaughtMe, at least according to Twitter.
10. Just because you weren’t the cool one then, doesn’t mean you aren’t the cool one now
#HighSchoolTaughtMe that the”cool kids aren’t the sporty ones at the big lunch table. They’re the kids in the corners keeping to themselves.
— Chris the Boy (@ChrisOflyng) August 12, 2016
9. You’ll have oodles of time beyond high school to work on that social life
#highschooltaughtme having a social life is important but grades are always top priority. friends come & go but transcripts are forever 🤓
— Marissa (@marissaxgagnon) August 12, 2016
8. Regardless of how hard you try, some things you’ll just never forget
#HighSchoolTaughtMe that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell
— grim (@overlygrim) August 12, 2016
7. Other things, of course, you’ll likely never, ever remember
— cassie (@cassiesemple) August 2, 2016
6. You’ll probably learn a lot more about life and the people in it after school
#HighSchoolTaughtMe core curriculum but it didn’t teach me about the black lives matter movement, gay rights, or feminism – twitter did.
— antonio (@antoniodelotero) August 12, 2016
5. I know, it’s news to us too
#HighSchoolTaughtMe That High School Musical was a lie in so many ways😒
— ❤Destiny❤ (@dale_latina) August 12, 2016
4. Google Search (like SparkNotes) will save your skin more than once
#HighSchoolTaughtMe google search the whole damn question and if UR lucky you’ll find the whole worksheet online with answers
— shiv (@shivnon) August 12, 2016
3. Everyone’s opinion can be challenged (like on the internet)
#highschooltaughtme teachers aren’t always right
— anyiaaa:) (@nynyy__) July 27, 2016
2. High school is an important part of your superhero origin story
— Brendan McInnis (@BrendanMcInnis) August 12, 2016
1. Once you graduate, you’ll almost definitely miss every moment
#HighSchoolTaughtMe to cherish your time as a kid.
— gabs (@JolynBriela) July 29, 2016
Woah, we got a little deep there.
If you need something a little more light-hearted, Twitter provides. #OneDirectionTaughtMe is also trending worldwide at the time of writing, so go check out those hilarious tweets.
Do you happen to have a snarky, smart or simply stupid comment on one of the hashtags mentioned above? Be sure to tweet us your views @Memeburn, or drop a comment below.