Showmax has announced that South African subscribers will now be able to live stream kykNet and Mzansi Magic. The streaming service says that it…
Duo is meant to be a video chat service and Allo a messaging platform with artificial assistance capabilities. Duo launched to very little fanfare and the app has, since launch, attracted a fair share of attention. The reviews have been mixed, with some applauding Google’s efforts and others questioning its purpose and how it separates itself from rival apps.
Hadlee Simons, who was an early adopter of Allo, downloading it before it even launched in South Africa, takes a look at the app. Having been using it for a few weeks now, he takes a look at its user interface, functionality, features and its place in the market.
- Google Duo video calling app now available in South Africa
- Feeling impatient? Here’s how to get Google Allo in SA
- 11 Google Now voice commands worth remembering
- Google Photos gets update: so what’s new then?
- More than a fad: the numbers behind Snapchat’s remarkable growth
Kind of mentioned (but not really)