– Ranked the Number. 1 Top Smartphone Camera by DXOMARK The new HUAWEI P60 Pro is now available in South Africa! With its cutting-edge…
Weekly Round Up Podcast #81: Samsung’s woes, SA’s media landscape & Netflix’s growth
Welcome to Weekly Round Up, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week, Hadlee Simons and Graham van der Made are the co-conspirators in the studio.
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 woes continue, while Netflix, Bioshock and SA’s media landscape also get a mention
We discuss the ongoing and seemingly never-ending Samsung Note 7 disaster. We also talk about Hadlee’s four step gameplan for Netflix’s growth in emerging markets. Sticking with media, we touch on South Africa’s media landscape, and how it will likely evolve into a completely different beast by 2020. And finally, we talk games, speccifically, the recently reviewed Bioshock Collection on Xbox One.
What are we watching, reading, playing: Graham is watching Luke Cage and reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Hadlee is still playing Forza Horizon 3, even after he reviewed the game on Gearburn.
Tweet of the Week: Someone thinks that Bob Dylan deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature, which he won yesterday.
For all this and more, have a listen to the podcast below. Also, be sure to catch the thorough Recommended Reading list at the foot of this article.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7: 5 Android rivals who could step up
- It’s official: Galaxy Note 7 sales, exchanges stopped
- South Africa’s media landscape: what will 2020 hold?
- BioShock: The Collection [Xbox One] review: whose your Big Daddy?
- 4 features Netflix needs to succeed in emerging markets