Apple has its eyes firmly set on the short-form video market as it rolled out “its biggest update” for its video creation app, Clips,…
Both next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and the PS4’s controllers are available for US$60 on Amazon. Though we currently can’t get our paws on these much-anticipated consoles, Sony and Microsoft have decided to give us a taste by making the controllers available online for pre-order. The Xbox controller will be shipped on 27 November while the PS4 controller and the PS4 on 31 December. These aren’t the only stuff we need to weigh when considering these two consoles.
The Xbox One Wireless controller’s specs include the following as listed on Amazon’s product page:
- Trigger buttons with developer-customized rumble feedback-Precision Directional Pad-Supports Wi-Fi Direct Stack Radio.
- Over 40 improvements to the award-winning 360 Wireless Controller, without taking anything away from what you love.
- Newly designed D-pad is perfect for all types of game genres including sports, fighting, FPS, and more. Optimized for both directional and sweeping D-pad movements.
- New wireless radio that enables faster data transfer to the console.
- Pick up and play. Kinect automatically recognizes who is gaming and which controller they are holding.
For the Xbox One controller, you can also buy the chat headset separately for US$25 as the original Xbox 360 headsets won’t work according to Microsoft. You can also get the bundled controller and dedicated charger, Play and Charge kit for US$75 that recharges while you play or afterwards when your Xbox is in standby. Though, unlike the PS4 you’ll get Kinect features with the Xbox One console. The console itself goes for US$500.
The PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless controller’s specs include these:
- The feel, shape, and sensitivity of the dual analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved to provide a greater sense of control, no matter what you play.
- The new multi-touch and clickable touch pad on the face of the DualShock 4 Wireless Controller opens up worlds of new gameplay possibilities for both newcomers and veteran gamers.
- The DualShock 4 Wireless Controller features a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, putting several new audio options in the player’s hands.
- The addition of the Share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the PlayStation 4 as easy as the push of a button. Upload gameplay videos and screenshots of your greatest accomplishments or live-stream your gameplay sessions through popular Internet streaming services.
One of the things that stands out with the PS4 controller is the audio mic hidden under the trackpad. This would allow you to do things like play music or chat to friends. Like the Xbox, previous gen controllers won’t work with the PS4. Like we mentioned, you won’t get the PS4 camera device with the console– these have to be bought separately for US$60 each. Unlike the Xbox One, you’ll get the headset’s included when you buy the console for US$450.
Both have their ups and downs of course, but considering the price of all essential accessories (camera, headset, controllers), the PlayStation 4 beats the Xbox One with US$65.
Images via Amazon