Disney Africa has announced that advance tickets are now on sale for Marvel’s upcoming film ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’. The film is set for…
Today, we’re looking at Xbox One consoles from two of South Africa’s largest online retailers Raru and Takealot. With Microsoft soon releasing the New Xbox One Experience interface and Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, now may be one of the best times to pick up an Xbox One console.
We’ve excluded the standalone Xbox One console with 500GB hard drive as the Gears of War bundle has replaced it as the entry-level option. Unfortunately, we’ve had to include the Kinect bundle, but don’t bother picking up one of those. Ever.
The reason we chose Raru and Takealot is because of their history. South African ecommerce store Take2 was purchased by Tiger Global Investments several years ago and became Takealot.
Some of the original Takealot founders went on to launch Raru last year, which means pitting them against each other is an interesting comparison.
We’ve listed all of the available and pre-order consoles. Out of stock items were not listed and not all units could be directly paired. We’ve listed all of the units from cheapest to most expensive.
Here are the consoles:
- Xbox One black console, 500GB hard drive with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, available now for R5399 (Takealot)
- Xbox One white console, 500GB hard drive with Sunset Overdrive, available now for R5999 (Takealot)
- Xbox One black console, 500GB hard drive with FIFA 16, available now for R5999 (Takealot)
- Xbox One black console, 1TB hard drive with Titanfall, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and Rise of the Tomb Raider, available 18 November for R6799 (Takealot)
- Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Blue edition, 1TB hard drive with Forza 6, available now for R7298 (Takealot)
- Xbox One black console, 1TB hard drive with Halo 5, releasing on 27 October for R8399 (Raru)
- Xbox One Console, 500GB hard drive and Kinect, available now for R8588 (Takealot)
- Xbox One Elite console, 1TB hybrid hard drive and Elite controller, releasing 27 November for R8699 (Raru / Takealot)
As you can see, Takealot currently has the best deal for the entry-level Xbox unit. Those of you heavily into Halo and haven’t looked at it this generation might want the Halo Edition.
Ultimately it comes down to price and while these are great online specials, we have seen stores such as CNA offer up the Xbox One 500GB console for R3999.