A simple Get to know me section on Instagram or TikTok poses a serious security risk as it aligns with common security questions used…
Update: 28 August, 11.03am: According to recently posted patch notes on Steam, No Man’s Sky has a slew of incoming updates. Although the below notes are only valid for those on Steam’s experimental patch programme, Hello Games in a tweet suggested that “these changes and more are inbound for Steam, GoG and PS4 in an upcoming patch”.
Have a look at the experimental fixes below, that might come to the PlayStation 4 in the next few weeks:
Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues
- Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
- Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.
Getting Stuck in the world
- Fixed a couple of low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
- A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.
- Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as “already known” when they weren’t actually known.
- Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn’t, this has been fixed now.
- It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
- There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
- Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.
Save / Load
- Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.
Tweaks and Improvements
- It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
- Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
- Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
- The ‘You have unredeemed items’ message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
- Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
- Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
- Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
- Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
- Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
- Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
- If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
- Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
- Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).
PC Only Issues
- Editing the settings file and corrupting it could cause the game to crash. Instead of crashing it will now revert back to the default settings.
- The inventory screen now works correctly regardless of resolution.
- Added error message for older CPUs without SSE3 support.
- Synchronise frame capping with the first vsync (removes some framerate issues).
- Added steam id to login call to help track down some login issues.
- Fixed the X key size on the galaxy map.
- If you press Tab+P in quick succession, the game paused and didn’t let you out of it.
- Fixed a performance issue by defaulting your texture resolution to a sensible value based on available GPU memory.
Original article: Another day, another No Man’s Sky update.
This time it’s version 1.07 that’s sneaked through to the PlayStation 4 this weekend, and it’s the second largest we’ve seen thus far.
At just under 700MB (671MB to be precise), we’re not too sure what bugs this update remedies — Hello Games isn’t very clear about that — but the developer did tweet earlier this week that it has yet to patch 10% of the reported PlayStation 4 issues on console.
We’re nor sure what bugs this No Man’s Sky update remedies
Reddit also doesn’t quite seem to know what’s been updated too.
If that’s the case, it seems that Hello Games really has saved the best (or beastliest) bugs for last. Earlier this week, players of the game noticed an entirely new bug, that seemingly wiped discoveries from the game’s starter planet.
Still, even if you’ve never experienced a crash or a bug in the No Man’s Sky universe (you lucky, lucky lamb), we recommend you install it anyway.
While Hello Games isn’t known for releasing detailed patch notes alongside patches, we should expect an update on just what this particularly large update fixes.