Twitter is clamping down on misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines, introducing a strike system that will result in permanent bans for accounts. In a blog…
Top Search Engines
- Microsoft’s Bing outpaced Google in October, adding 0.3 percentage points to 11.5% market share.
- Google increased its lead by 0.2 percentage points to 66.3%.
- Second placed Yahoo! slipped by 0.2% percentage points to 16.5%.
- Ask was in 4th place with 3.6% share, losing 0.1 percentage points.
- AOL was in fifth place losing 0.2 percentage points to 2.1%.
Microsoft increased its number of searches in October by 7% compared with a 4% increase by Google.
More details are here.
Ask recently pulled out of the search market; it will be interesting to see which company will pick up its 3.6% market share. Are Ask users deliberately not using Google? That would mean a big boost to Microsoft in the upcoming November numbers.
The introduction of Google Instant has forced comScore to change the way it analyzes its results. This is explained here: comScore September 2010 Search Reporting Enhancements