There’s usually something at the cause of a shift in pattern, and looking past Black Friday’s whirlwind, there was a definite shift in consumer…
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week, main man Stuart Thomas is in Portugal and so Andy Walker steps in to host and talks to Hadlee and Graham.
The team discusses Microsoft’s job cuts, the Xiaomi Mi 5, the recent Twitter changes announced, Pebble’s new devices, and two very similar but different games: Battleborn and Overwatch.
Tweet(s) Of The Week: Twitter has been on a roll this week and so we have two tweets, one about a cat eating cake and the other about the recebt Standard Bank saga.
Whatever you do today, I hope you make time to tell someone you love them. And to eat a cake wearing a tiny hat. pic.twitter.com/tostt5CQOs
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) May 26, 2016
It seems like criminals worked simpler, better and faster than Standard Bank.
— Christo (@ChristoThurston) May 23, 2016
Have a listen to the podcast in full below, and be sure to catch the Recommended Reading list at the foot of the article.
- Microsoft cuts 1850 jobs in mobile unit, takes $950m hit
- Hard earned lessons from Twitter on branded domain extensions
- 3 crucial features Twitter should just implement already
- 7 niche dating apps for Android & iOS that actually exist
- It’s official: Twitter announces character count and @reply changes
- Pebble 2, Pebble Time 2 and all-new wearable hit Kickstarter
- Xiaomi Mi 5: available in South Africa next week for R7999