Eskom announced on Friday morning that it will implement load shedding, amid an extensive cold front in South Africa. The power utility made the…
Nintendo’s Wii U is seeing a resurgence in popularity of late, no small thanks to the release of first-party mascot fighters Super Smash Bros. and Hyrule Fighters. Yet, the Wii U still suffered from a non-intuitive interface, the inability to organize game collections and irritatingly, no quick way to checkup on downloads. Today’s Wii U system software update 5.2.0 U, hopefully fixes these niggling issues with a new download management icon, folders and a “new design layout” for the HOME menu. Here’s everything that’s being updatde if and when you decide to turn your Wii U back on.
Version 5.2.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
The update will automatically download when the Wii U kicks into life.