There’s usually something at the cause of a shift in pattern, and looking past Black Friday’s whirlwind, there was a definite shift in consumer…
The LG G6 (review) and V30 were big steps in the right direction for the company, but what should we expect from the LG G7? Well, one report claims that LG CEO Jo Seong-jin has ordered a revision of the upcoming phone.
According to the Korean Herald, citing an employee who wished to remain anonymous, “the G7 smartphone team of the company’s mobile communications business was told to halt recent work related to development of the newest phone, and to review the new product from scratch”.
The employee told the publication that an order was sent “to the working-level officials to start over”.
The official added that a decision on a new possible launch date would be revealed around the Lunar New Year, which takes place on 16 February. In other words, it’s looking like the smartphone will miss Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
The LG G7 has gone back to the drawing board, according to a new report out of Korea
Last year’s G6 debuted at the expo, along with a host of other devices from various manufacturers.
The news comes after Jo suggested at CES that changes were afoot. “We will unveil new smartphones when it is needed. But we will not launch it just because other rivals do,” the CEO said at the time.
We’ve contacted LG for comment and will update the article if/when we get a response.
Update, 17 January 2018: LG’s Ken Hong has since responded to the report, saying it was “not credible”. Read the full story over here.