Instagram has announced several new features for creators to promote and sell their products in the app, including a way to earn extra payouts…
Fortnite developer Epic Games has outlined plans to bring next-gen improvements to the game so that it’s ready for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 on their respective release days.
According to the Fortnite blog, Epic Games has been working on Fortnite builds for the next-gen consoles and will be debuting improvements to match the power of both consoles.
For current Fortnite players who are migrating to either console, Epic Games will be making it easy to continue hopping onto the Party Bus.
Next Gen. Next Week!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) November 2, 2020
For the Xbox Series X/S, day one improvements for Fortnite will arrive on the console’s launch day, 10 November.
These improvements will include:
- Fortnite will now run at a native 4K resolution at 60 frames per second (FPS) on the Series X.
- The game will run at 1080p at 60FPS on the Series S.
- Storm and cloud effects are arriving to the game for the Series X/S for more dynamic visuals and physics effects.
- Loading times and texture loading have been “significantly” improved to jump into a match much quicker.
Similar improvements will also arrive for the PS5 on 19 November.
- 4K resolution at 60FPS, with dynamic visuals
- Improvements to physics and loading performance
- Haptic feedback for the new DualSense controller
- Activities support will arrive for Fortnite with the ability to jump into your favourite game mode from the Lobby
- Split-screen support on PS5 will run at 60FPS
Epic Games will also bring cross-play support for the new consoles.
Meanwhile, game progression and cosmetics will migrate to the next-gen consoles irrespective of which platform players have previously played on.
For the Xbox Series X/S, players can install the Xbox Series X/S version of Fortnite from the Microsoft store.
For the PS5, players can download the game from the PlayStation Store and use their Epic or PlayStation Network (PSN) account to log in.
Epic will also include a free “Throwback Bonus” for all players, on all supported platforms starting from 4 November.
Feature image: Epic Games