Tech giant Samsung has reported its lowest quarterly profit in eight years this week an indicator to the weakened global economy to hit PC…
Fixed line operator Telkom isn’t exactly what you’d call well-liked in South Africa, where it pretty much has a monopoly on the space. The latest move from its mobile division however could just generate it a little goodwill.
The company says it will be offering 60 minutes of free Wi-Fi a day to, well, anyone who wants it. According to an official press release anyone, no matter what network they’re on, will be able to connect to one of Telkom Mobile’s 1 500 Wi-Fi hotspots around the country.
It does seem like a bit of a faff to get your 60 minutes of free Wi-Fi a day though.
Here are the steps Telkom says you need to take every time you want to connect.
- SMS “free” plus your email address to 32707
- We’ll SMS you an access code and PIN
- Check that you’re in a Telkom Mobile WiFi hotspot
- Enable WiFi on your device
- Search for connections
- Select “Telkom Mobile Guest SSID”
- You will be redirected to the WiFi portal page
- Enter your access code and PIN
- Press OK
- You will be redirected to your default browser page
- Enjoy your 60 minutes of unlimited free WiFi!
- Repeat these steps on a daily basis