YouTube has banned ads about gambling, alcohol, politics, and prescription drugs from its masthead, the website’s most prominent advertisement slot. Axios reported the ban…
American talk show host Jimmy Kimmel premiered the first trailer of the highly anticipated Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy.
And the internet nerds go mad! (yes that includes me)
A team of “heroes” (made up of thieves and deviants) led by Peter Quill, calling himself Star-Lord have to outrun some bad guys led by Ronan the Accuser and Nebula (I swear these are the character names).
So yes we know that the general plot will be a bit formulaic, but you can be damn sure the effects will be epic! and James Gunn can hold his own in the director’s chair.
If that’s not enough, even though it’s meant to be a stand alone franchise who held out till the end of Thor: The Dark World will recognise Benecio del Toro as The Collector, making a brief appearance in the trailer.
And it’s not like Marvel likes to connect all its movies or anything.
Here is the star packed cast:
- Chris Pratt: Peter Quill / Star-Lord
- Bradley Cooper: Rocket Raccoon (voice)
- Vin Diesel: Groot (voice)
- Zoe Saldana: Gamora
- Lee Pace: Ronan the Accuser
- Karen Gillan: Nebula
- Benicio Del Toro: Taneleer Tivan / The Collector
- Djimon Hounsou: Korath the Pursuer
- Michael Rooker: Yondu
- John C. Reilly: Rhomann Dey
- Dave Bautista: Drax the Destroyer
- Laura Haddock: Meredith Quill
- Glenn Close: Commander Rael