The tech space faces a significant gap between available jobs and individuals with the necessary skills to fill them. A critical look at this…
The job market is tough these days and people have to work extra hard to beat out the competition.
Mullen agency in Boston put together a cool project for one of its clients. The idea: a simple job ad for “director of operations” position at a company called Rehtom Inc. The requirements were kinda of insane:
- Must be able to work 135+ hours a week
- Ability to work overnight, associate needs pending
- Willingness to forgo any breaks
- Work mostly standing up and/or bending down
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis
- PhD in psychology or real-life equivalent
- Crisis management skills a must
- Ability to manage a minimum of 10-15 projects at one time
- Understanding of social media, mobile devices and video games
- Understanding of finance
- Understanding of medicine
- On call 24/7
- Positive disposition at all times
No benefits and no salary.
While no health or dental insurance, no pension and no paid holidays are offered, this job provides infinite opportunities for personal growth and rewards. Emotional fulfillment and extraordinary impact on associate success provides a lifetime of purpose and meaningful connection.
Yet 24 people applied for the job and processed to a video interview. Watch the video to see what happened next.
Also this is possibly the best ad we have seen this year.