Residents of Cape Town were treated to sights of a robot dog walking through the CBD as Dwyka Mining Services showcased Boston Dynamic’s Spot….
TEDXCapeTown 2015 has confirmed it lineup, as well as its theme. The event, now in its fifth year, aims to tackle the delicate paradox of openness, access and control.
The main event, which takes place on 15 and 16 August at the City Hall will bring together a number of speakers — including Gyft founder Vinny Lingham — addressing that theme across a variety of contexts.
The day aims to provide answers to a number of questions, including:
- What is the fine line between openness, access and control?
- Do constraints provide us with a safe and free society in which to thrive, or do they hinder our existence?
The event will also have an official Johannesburg simulcast hosted by its partner Deloitte Greenhouse. The event will also be livestreamed on the web, with people around the world hosting viewing parties.
Here is the full speaker lineup:
- Adriana Marais: My one-way ticket to Mars
- Braam Malherbe: #D.O.T. – Do One Thing
- Heather Tuffin: Less than ideal
- Ian Mccallum: Poetry and Nature: Voice For The Voiceless
- Jill Farrant: Food Security from resurrection plants
- Kelsey Wiens: Open: Designing for Trust
- Kyle Louw: Roses, Violets, Preconceptions … Poetry
- Marek Dziembowski: Chasing the eclipse
- Myrna Lewis: Mining the gold of conflict
- Myrtle Clarke & Jules Stobbs: Ordinary Criminals
- Siswe Mzobe: Why do we have to move out?
- Vinny Lingham: The future of bitcoin
Tickets for the event are available on Quicket.