There’s usually something at the cause of a shift in pattern, and looking past Black Friday’s whirlwind, there was a definite shift in consumer…
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation and news from the last few days.
This week on BurnCast, Reporter Graham van der Made fills in for Senior Reporter Stuart Thomas and talks to Gearburn Editor Andy Walker and Reporter Myolisi Sikupela.
The team talks Uber expanding to Mombasa, Kenya and Abuja, Nigeria, Pebble job cuts, the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie, big upcoming game Quantum Break, Grotech raising a cool R62m and DealDey’s acquisition by Ringler Africa.
Have a listen to the podcast in full below, and be sure to catch the Recommended Reading at the foot of the article.
- Uber launches in two new African cities, now in 400 locations globally
- All is not well at Pebble, as it lays off 25% of its total staff
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice spoiler-free review: a big piece of plotted swiss cheese
- Quantum Break first impressions: a game, a decision, and a TV show
- GroTech raises R62m for disruptive tech entrepreneur investments
- Nigerian online shopping portal DealDey acquired by Ringler Africa