Eskom CEO Andre De Ruyter has come out to clarify what appears to be a case where he was allegedly quoted out of context….
Welcome to Weekly Round Up, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week, Hadlee Simons plays host to Andy Walker and Matthew Alexander.
In this edition of the Weekly Round Up, we take a look at Matthew’s latest favourite game, Titanfall 2. From flying through space and shooting things in mid-air with huge robots, it’s probably one of Electronic Arts’ more interesting games of the year.
The State Capture report is probably South Africa’s biggest online news story of the year
Also on the agenda, we chat Richard Branson’s recent trip to Cape Town, and his comments on Pravin Gordhan. Leading neatly into the State Capture report — the document that has the whole of South Africa glued to their screens.
Finally, we chat Samsung’s smartphone ambitions after the Note 7 debacle.
What are we watching, reading, playing: Andy is (obviously) reading the State Capture report and playing EA’s other October-launched game, Battlefield 1. Hadlee is still playing and reviewing WWE 2K17. Matthew, as per usual, is watching Netflix series.
Tweet of the Week: We take a look at a catty, snarky and downright hilarious tweet regarding the (you guessed it!) State Capture report.
For all this and more, have a listen to the podcast below and also catch it on YouTube here. Also, be sure to catch the thorough Recommended Reading list at the foot of this article.
- State Capture Report: SA politicians, parties react on Twitter
- Samsung to rival Xiaomi Mi Mix with Galaxy S8?
- Opera: OLX, Letgo tracks you more than Takealot, Gumtree
- Richard Branson praises Pravin Gordhan in Cape Town
- Richard Branson on SA startup scene, Gordhan and more
- Titanfall 2 teaser trailer released, but will the game be coming to SA?
- Titanfall 2 Tech Test debuts with mixed reactions