There’s usually something at the cause of a shift in pattern, and looking past Black Friday’s whirlwind, there was a definite shift in consumer…
The second edition of the PriceCheck Tech and eCommerce Awards is set to take place next week in Cape Town, but this week, the shortlist for the nominees have been announced.
Sourced from a “record 44 500 votes” the nominees stem from technology and ecommerce space in South Africa.
“The response from the voting public was phenomenal – we’ve never seen so many votes for an industry event. The contenders this year have really upped their game and there are bound to be a few surprises,” noted PriceCheck’s founder Kevin Tucker.
As for the shortlist, please find it in full below:
- Best Fintech Platform:
- Best Use of Tech by an NGO:
- Santa Shoebox Project
- Mother of peace
- Best Delivery/Logistics Provider:
- Best Mobile Shopping Experience:
- Best Travel Booking Service:
- Best On-Demand Service:
- Mr D Food
- Best Niche Shopping Experience:
- Best Small Tech/E-commerce Business:
- Seeds for Africa
- Best Online Classifieds Service:
- Best Marketplace Platform:
- Best Customer Service:
- Best Female in Tech/E Commerce:
- Kim Irwin (FrontRow Hair)
- Robyn Smith (Faithful to Nature)
- Arlene Mulder (WeThinkCode)
- Employer of the year:
- People’s Choice:
- E-Commerce Service of the Year
The awards ceremony will take place on 14 September in Cape Town, and will be overseen by judges Michele Lozzo, Dan Guasco, Geoff Cohen, Mich Atagana, Matthew Buckland and Lynette Hundermark.
Disclosure: Matthew Buckland is the founder of Burn Media, while Mich Atagana is the former managing editor of Burn Media.