Netflix recently updated its ISP Speed Index, showing the best performing internet providers when it comes to delivering the streaming service’s content to South…
Is what’s pictured above, care of Twitter tipster evleaks the real deal? Possibly. The oft reliable Twitter user evleaks managed to grab a shot of Nokia’s tablet, the Lumia 2520. It’s a great, clear shot of this cyan tablet and looks like it’s taken straight from a press release.
The great eye of Microsoft and Nokia stares down on us, looks in our direction with a lidless glance and casts some unconfirmed specs of “Sirius” our way:
- It’s going to run Windows RT, which in our opinion is a terrible mistake
- A quad-core Qualcomm 8974 (ARM) CPU will power it. This is a good decision by Nokia, let’s explain further. The 8 series Qualcomm CPU is used in mobile, tablet and laptop so it’s very powerful and most importantly, scalable. The 8 series can go up to 2.3Ghz, can play 4K video, runs the LTE bandwidth and can use a camera as powerful as 21MP. These are all great aspects to have for any chipset, especially if Nokia decides to include a beefy camera with the 2520 (which it really should).
- Saying that, it’s expected that the 2520 will have a 6.7MP Carl Ziess camera
- It’ll be 590g in weight
- Internal memory may be 32GB with some form of expandable storage.
- The screen may be the highlight of the package. It may be an enormous 1920×1080 display crammed into the 10.1″ screen.
- Price wise, the Lumia 2520 may be no more expensive than a high-end iPad and should come in at R5 000 (US$499)
If it’s real or not, we’ll find out fairly soon 22 November when Nokia’s scheduled event kicks off. Ironically, it’s also the day that Apple plans to release a new iPad. The original tweet that kicked off the Lumia 2520 rumours is embedded below. We have until next Tuesday to see if Nokia’s Lumia tablet is real or not.
Nokia Lumia 2520, in cyan, 2013 pic.twitter.com/KK1PFvpIjx
— @evleaks (@evleaks) October 11, 2013