HBO is bringing another best selling fantasy book series to life, this time with Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy. The content company dropped…
WhatsApp for Android gains a global update today which adds a fair number of time saving and security features.
New additions include changing the “last seen” status, which will be handy for those who want to keep their last chat timestamps private from others. Also, the ability to add a nice, chunky Video thumbnail certainly makes the chats look more accessible. Other notable features include setting the privacy for statues and the option to pay for a friends WhatsApp subscription. Are these new features indicative of the US$19-billion Facebook buyout? Nope, but every little bit helps. As for accessing the Camera shortcut, this means that we can plonk a 1×1 Widget on our Android desktops.
For those who want to pay for a friend, they’ll find this option under “Contacts” in the settings menu. It’s only US$4 for five years of WhatsApp. Best gift ever? A full list of updates are below.
- new privacy settings for last seen, profile photo and status
- add Camera shortcut for quicker picture sending
- add ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service
- add large video thumbnails in chat
- add option to show unread messages on home screen widget (Android 3.0+)
- add option to share/save profile photo/group icon
- increase message history user can send
- fix sending flag emoji on Sony phones
- fix voice note recording volume on Samsung Note 3 and Sony phones
- enabled Hindi (Android 4.1+)
There’s no word on the iOS update as yet, but you can grab WhatsApp by clicking the button below.
Image via Wallpaperscraft