Showmax has announced its newest local documentary, Sex in Afrikaans, which hopes to spark a conversation for a community that is typically seen as…
Local Apple retailer Digicape has released pricing for the latest range of iPad Pro 9.7-inch tablets. All of them will more than likely cost you several years of credit card debt to have one of these new devices.
Here at Gearburn, we’ve put together a handy guide of alternative items you can purchase for the same price as the 256GB WiFi and cellular model, as well as the Apple Pencil. Prepare to be shocked, amazed, and rethink your life choices.
Apple’s iPad Pro 9.7-inch was shown off a few weeks ago to much farfare, we think. The device is the latest in the range of iPad products, and while it sports the Pro suffix, it really should just be an iPad.
The 256GB model with WiFi and cellular capabilities will set you back R20 499, according to Digicape’s listing. That’s not something to scoff at. In fact, no one should be scoffing at a price like that. What can you get for the same price? Well, one of the following bundles:
- Xbox One 500GB Quantum Break console, 1TB PS4 with Uncharted collection, Nintendo Wii U Premium, SEGA MegaDrive Classic Console, and a hamburger
- MSI GP72-6QE Intel Core i5 gaming laptop and some games from Steam
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch laptop, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and money left over for sushi
- 706 copies of Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son on Blu-ray starring Martin Lawrence, and a McDonalds cheeseburger
- 2578 Tex chocolate bars and a visit to the dentist
Apple’s answer to the stylus, the Apple Pencil, costs R2199 from Digicape. That’s quite an expensive price for the an add-on peripheral. Is it really worth it? For the same price you can get one of the following:
- Nintendo 2DS with Super Mario Bros 2 game with a carry case and a Super Size Big Mac Meal with some change left over
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 16GB cellphone with a 32GB Micro SD card and a Super Size Big Mac Meal with an ice cream cone
- 75 copies of Gulliver’s Travels on Blu-Ray, starring Jack Black, for fun, and a McDonalds cheeseburger
- A five-piece cast iron pot set, realise you don’t feel like cooking and then going out for a lovely meal for two
Will you be purchasing these new devices, or rather go for one of our combos? We’d love to know in the comments below.