Before she arrived at Kyaka II at the age of nine, former Rwandan refugee Vanessa Ishimwe had a “wonderful life”. After fleeing Rwanda with…
Foldable phones are one step closer to being an actual consumer reality. In a TENAA listing spotted by Playfuldroid, the Huawei Mate X has been given the once over by the Chinese telco regulator and released those numbers, specs and features to the public.
So, what can we expect to see from the foldable smartphone that hasn’t yet been announced?
Huawei Mate X’s specs:
- We’re looking at a heavy smartphone, 287 grams to be exact.
- In centimetres, it’s 16.1 tall, 14.6 wide, and 1.1 thick.
- The screen will measure 8 inches from corner to corner when unfolded, and sport a 2480×2200 resolution. It’s AMOLED tech too.
- Battery capacity is 4400mAh.
- Three storage and RAM options will be on offer:
- 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage
- 8GB and 256GB
- 12GB and 512GB
- All three variants’ storage capacities can be expanded using a NanoSD card.
- There are four cameras on this phone, that act as the primary and selfie arrays:
- 40MP primary camera
- 16MP secondary camera
- 8MP teriary camera
- Time-of-flight camera for depth
- Expect the phone to launch with EMUI 9.1 running on top of Android 9.0 Pie.
- It’s 5G ready.
The listing also mentions what will be included in the box. Namely, this includes a USB-C data and charging cable, USB-C headset, and a leather case.
Of course, TENAA is listing the Chinese offerings of this device, so expect the config to change slightly when the Huawei Mate X hits the South African market.
Feature image: Andy Walker/Memeburn