Netflix on Monday announced that 21 animated movies from the award-winning Studio Ghibli will soon be available for users all around the world to…
Wakanda is still the best place to live this week, after Black Panther enjoyed another dominant weekend on top of the Southern African box office.
Now breaking the R70-million mark at the box office, the flick was only threatened by Bruce Willis’ new entry to the chart, Death Wish.
But how did other movies fare this past weekend? (9 – 11 March 2018)
Fifty Shades Freed fell one spot to third place, while Gnome Alone (third) also lost ground after Death Wish‘s debut.
Red Sparrow remained in fifth place, but Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri — buoyed by its Oscar wins — was the only climber this week.
Jumanji is now firmly on its way out of the chart, dropping two places to eighth spot, with Tad still clipping at its heels in ninth.
And rounding out the top ten, it’s a new South African entry, Catching Feelings.
Final Portrait, 15:17 To Paris and Downsizing we’re released this week, but failed to make the chart.
Here are the ten most-watched movies in SA this past weekend:
- Black Panther (incl. 3D, 4DX, D.BOX & IMAX)** (±0) — review
- Death Wish (NEW)
- Fifty Shades Freed (incl. IMAX) (-1)
- Gnome Alone (incl. IMAX) (-1)
- Red Sparrow (incl. IMAX & D.BOX) (±0)
- Game Night (-2)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (+1)
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (incl. 3D, 4DX, IMAX & D.BOX) (-2)
- Tad, The Lost Explorer and the Secret of King Midas (incl. 3D) (-2)
- Catching Feelings (NEW)
**Highest life-to-date grosser with R70 540 892
Feature image: screenshot, “Catching Feelings Official HD Trailer” by UIP South Africa via YouTube