The US has given Huawei another 90 day reprieve from its trade ban, according to the country’s commerce secretary Will Ross. Ross noted that…
Instagram has launched yet another shopping tool in time for the festive season. Called #InstaGiftGuide, the feature gathers and lists products based on 2018’s biggest hashtags.
“The #InstaGiftGuide matches six popular hashtag trends from 2018 with gift-worthy products from 34 brands on Instagram”, the company said on its blog.
Though this may sound confusing, what it means is you can now view the guide to see all the popular brands and products on the platform, inspired by the year’s trends.
According to Instagram, the six most popular hashtags of 2018 were:
- #catsofinstagram – a trend born of cute and funny cat related posts.
- #tutting – a dance trend involving fingers.
- #oddlysatisfying – videos that are weird but satisfying to watch.
- #fingerboarding – skateboarding on miniature boards. Your fingers are legs.
- #vaporwave – an electronic, pop-arty, music genre.
- #iseefaces – seeing faces in photos and videos.
The guides that are themed according to these trends can be found on the company’s blog or when you search the hashtag on Instagram.
With the recent release of a Shopping tab in Explore, and the Shopping Collection feature, this is the third shopping related addition to Instagram for 2018.
Feature image: Instagram