Curro has announced that it will be hosting free coding and robotics boot camps at four of its schools in Gauteng and the Western…
But what have been some of the more interesting stats of recent years for the ride hailing company?
Uber South Africa has given us a few interesting little titbits:
- Uber drivers have covered more than nine-million kilometres across South Africa since 2013.
- The longest trip last year spanned Port Elizabeth and East London — a 570 kilometre journey.
- The company currently serves more than one-million active riders — that is, riders who have taken at least one trip within 90 days — in South Africa.
- It has more than 13 000 active driver partners — that is, drivers who have completed at least four trips within 30 days.
- A single driver has since completed 38 775 trips since Uber made its debut in South Africa.
Finally, the company also shed light on some of its most popular destinations in South Africa’s three largest cities:
- Johannesburg travellers visited OR Tambo International, Gold Reef City, Sandton’s Market @ The Park, and Sandton City.
- Durban travellers visited King Shaka International, Umhlanga’s Gateway, uShaka Marine World, Durban North Beach and the Oyster Box Hotel.
- For Cape Town travellers, the city’s airport, the Waterfront’s Cape Wheel, the Zeitz Museum, Table Mountain and the Company’s Garden are the most frequented.
Feature image: Memeburn