Telkom has announced the launch of new shared data plans with their FreeMe Share Plans — which allow multiple SIMs to share a single…
What’s more common than mass indulgence of foodstuffs over the festive season? Mass indulgence of series and movies, of course.
Showmax released its 2019/20 holiday insights this week, shedding light on the metrics recorded across its platform over the festive season.
- Over a century’s worth of video was consumed on Showmax over the festive season.
- Over the festive season, the platform recorded a 30% rise in viewing hours compared to previous months.
- Sunday 29 December was the peak viewing day during this period.
- The platform noted that peak binge time across its platform occurred earlier than usual, around 6pm.
- One account watched more than 200 episodes of the same show across the festive season. The platform noted that the usual episode binge number across December was around 30 episodes.
- In Nigeria, binge numbers (average hours per viewer) were up by 10% compared to other months in the year. In Kenya, that number was 7%.
- South Africa’s average hours per viewer were up by 21% during the same period.
- The three most-streamed shows were all from HBO: Euphoria, Game Of Thrones, and Chernobyl.
Feature image: Showmax