YouTube has named its 2022 Creator Class of its Black Voices Fund – with 11 South African channels making the cut. In total, 26…
Welcome to Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week Stuart Thomas talks to Graham, Hadlee and Andy.
The team discusses Instagram‘s milestone of reaching 500-million monthly users, Twitter‘s new Engage app designed to keep celebrities away from the plebs. The new OnePlus 3 smartphone also gets a mention, while the heartbreak that was this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours is also briefly revisited.
What are we watching, reading, playing: Andy has no idea what’s on TV, Hadlee is cleaning weeds in Animal Crossing, Graham finished a series and is still reading the same book he was reading last month, and Stuart has been test driving one too many cars.
Tweet of the Week: Well, it’s about #Brexit, but that’s all we’re going to let you in on.
So to find out what it is, and listen to us in full, have a listen to the podcast below. Be sure to catch the Recommended Reading list at the foot of the article.
- Instagram reaches 500m user milestone, posts celebratory video
- Twitter Engage: its new app for celebs and influencers
- OnePlus 3, with 6GB RAM, has ‘memory management issues’
- Confirmed: Tencent acquires majority stake in Supercell
- Spotted: Mark Zuckerberg covers up Macbook webcam with tape?
- Twitter makes Vine (and video) relevant again with 140-second videos
- Le Mans: 23 hours, 57 minutes of reliability for leading Toyota