After rolling out direct payments that bypass the app stores, both Google and Apple have removed Fortnite Mobile from Google Play and the App…
Welcome to Weekly Round Up, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation, and news from the last few days.
This week, Hadlee Simons plays host to Matthew Alexander, Graham van de Made and Andy Walker.
We’re all about Apple, Facebook and entrepreneurship this week, with some Sony dolloped on the side
We tackle some interesting topics this week, including Facebook News Feed’s latest milestone and the launch and imminent South African arrival of the LG V20. We also touch on Ventureburn’s latest Digital All Stars article, celebrating entrepreneurship in South Africa, and finally, we spend the latter chunk of the show talking Sony and its PS4 Pro launch.
Note: If you’re wondering why we didn’t quite talk about Apple’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launch this week, it’s because we’ve dedicated an entire show to it on The Gearburn Podcast. Although not live yet, the link will be posted here as soon as it’s available.
What are we watching, reading, playing: Matthew is preparing to play Bethesda’s DOOM remake, and he’s also about to start the second season of Narcos. Andy is excited about Plant vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2‘s latest content update, while Graham is playing Dragon Quest VII. Hadlee is watching the YouTube videos, and appearing on TV himself more often than not nowadays.
Tweet of the Week: It’s a tweet with a philosophical, introspective argument for why you really don’t need a new iPhone.
For all this and more, have a listen to the podcast below. Also, be sure to catch the thorough Recommended Reading list at the foot of this article.
- Top 31 entrepreneurs under 40 making waves in South Africa [Digital All Stars]
- Sony PS4 Pro launched, with PS4 Slim in tow
- Apple iPhone 7: the positives and negatives
- Apple Watch Series 2 debuts with swimmers in mind
- Here’s what Twitter thought of the Apple iPhone event
- Apple dropping 3.5mm audio jack a ‘revenue move’
- Exclusive: newly-launched LG V20 coming to South Africa
- LG V20 launched with music, video-centric features
- The definitive iPhone 7 bingo game is here
- DOOM [Xbox One] review: Mars attacks
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past preview: a traditional 3DS JRPG for fans
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 review: meat and potatoes
- IMDB: Narcos
Be sure to catch The Gearburn Podcast, our new bi-weekly series that covers key topics in gaming and gadgetry right over here.