Google has announced the phase-out plan for Google Play Music — with South Africa being one of the first countries that to lose access…
Welcome to The Weekly Roundup, our podcast discussing the latest tech trends, innovation and news from the last few days.
This week our editor Andy Walker teams up with Julia Breakey and Stephen Timm in studio.
First up on the agenda is the dispiriting story of South Africa’s bump down the World Bank’s list in terms of ease of business. This drop is in spite of a booming venture capital sector that saw 134% growth of VC investments.
Over on Gearburn, Andy talks South African smartphone prices and what it means for your bank account this holiday season.
Finally, we discuss the recent trials for murder accused Henri van Breda and convicted murderer Christopher Panayiotou, and the way social media rallied against the men.
Catch the full podcast here:
- Here are the 10 easiest places in Africa to run a business reveals World Bank
- Despite 134% growth in VC investments, sector still lacks liquidity says investor
- Facebook has more duplicate accounts than Snapchat has users
- WhatsApp Status, Instagram Stories both top 300m users
- MTN reveals prepaid pricing for Mate 10 Pro, Porsche edition
- Nokia 2 official: a new entry-level champ? [Update: SA-bound]
- LG V30+ set for November release in SA, pricing revealed
- #PanayiotouTrial: SA awaits justice for Jayde Panayiotou
- South Africans take strong stance against Henri van Breda